Mepitel can be left in place for up to 14 days depending on the condition of the wound which reduces the necessity for frequent primary dressing changes. The porous structure of Mepitel allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. The Safetac layer prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound and ensures atraumatic dressing changes. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate to leak onto the surrounding skin, thus minimises the risk of maceration.
Benefits of Mepitel
* Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
* Can remain in place for up to 14 days which in turn ensures undisturbed wound healing
* Enables less frequent dressing changes
* Minimises the risk of maceration
* Maintained product properties over time - leaves no residues and does not dry out
* Transparent for easy wound inspection during application and during wear
* Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear
* Stays in place
* Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Areas of use
Mepitel is designed for a wide range of wounds such as skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, second degree burns, blistering, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, diabetic ulcers, venous and arterial ulcers.
|Brand||Molnlycke Health Care|
|Unit Of Measure||BX10|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Economedical users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.